The Extended History of The Ethereal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Extended History of The Ethereal

Post by mia_the_human on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Failure is enabled when one allows it to be.
First Lead Astute and Gentleman of the Ethereal, Caverin (rule from 2035-2105)

Author's Preface
   A critic will indefinitely, at some point, buy this novel and then critique it with the overall main idea of or roughly of: "This novel disobeys its title and is therefore a waste of time." There are three reasons why this aurum is wrong.
   One is that this novel is not particularly what most would consider a history of a group. This is, truthfully, a novel that used a high budget dedicated to research to prove just how wondrous the Aur-- the species that makes up the group-- are.
   Another is that the aurum read this book based off of his interest in the title. We all know what they say about that.
   The last is that they probably didn't read the preface.

Table of Contents
The Aur Biology
The Aur Beliefs
The Aur Society

The Aur Biology

The body of a common earth bird appears shockingly similar to a newborn Aur, just with the absence of arm extremities. They share thin feathers, a gray-pink skin tone, and needle-thin legs. However, the earth bird grows much faster than the Aur. Their feathers thicken and gain color, their voices become louder and their songs more experienced. Interestingly enough, earthen birds end development once their feathers become less sparse and their size increases by only 1-5 ounces. The process of childhood within earthen birds only lasts two weeks, while the full child-to-adult process for the Aur takes around 25 years. 
   The difference comes from the lack of mental strength that earthen birds develop. In my travels, I’ve seen that the only signs of mental acuity in the common earthen birds are senses of community and basic survival. There are special cases, however, that range from specialized attacking extremities to high animal IQ’s to unique voices and sense of communication (the raven being an example of the latter two).
   I did find that the birds on earth and their different “breeds” mimic the races of the Aur quite well. An earthen owl and an Aur owl appear similar, as do the dove, the pigeon, and even the toucan. I found, however, that the Aur have mixed races while birds tend to breed within their “breed” (although commonly outside of their direct family), meaning it is rare to find an Aur that is not of mixed races.
   There is also a similarity between the albino bird and the haura. The albino bird is a bird born with hyper-sensitive skin and eyes. This manages to affect the color of the bird as well, turning them completely white. The eyes tend to appear an icy light blue in albinism. The only similarity between a haura and the albino is the way they are treated socially and their color. The haura appears completely white with colored undertones, while the albino appears all-white. An albino bird can be treated as damaged within its fleet’, and it is a controversial belief that the haura is the same way.
   Take the information as you will; I can understand why one would find discomfort in learning that there is a large colony of a species that looks almost exactly like us, and those who dominate that colony think the way we do. The idea aforementioned brings on existential thought and an extreme version of the classic “who came first” argument (for any human reading this: the Aur know what came first and we refuse to tell you because it is funny to watch your confusion). I, personally, am not surprised. The universe, to me, must have been given a set of templates to create all living things from. Our template was a super-sized pigeon template, or something.
   If you’d like to learn more about the specifics of the Aur biology, I suggest reading the KIB series, which can be found quite easily.

OOC: More chapters will be added as the tier plays out. The Table of Contents, right now, is a sneak peek of what's to come in this post. The preface is meant to show what the author of this novel will write the whole book like (basically, his writing style).

mia_the_human

View user profile http://thetwowickedsisters.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Extended History of The Ethereal

Post by mia_the_human on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 pm

The Aur Biology added

mia_the_human

View user profile http://thetwowickedsisters.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top