MINDOR CAMPAIGN EVENT FEEDBACK

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MINDOR CAMPAIGN EVENT FEEDBACK

Post by Scout on Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:58 am

This thread is to get feedback on the week long military campaign, the Liberation of Mindor.

Please post your thoughts here!
Scout
Admin

View user profile http://www.euprp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MINDOR CAMPAIGN EVENT FEEDBACK

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:13 am

Pros:
Length of the "deployment"
Fear of uncertainty between snipers, suicide bombers, and merely standing near a window
The actual feeling that our decisions had impact (The beheading of a man being told throughout multiple people etc)
The long times of quiet, with shaking quick bouts of excitement.
The splitting of teams, spreading resources thin, forcing us as players to plan around it.
The dynamic changing of events based around key player interaction.

Cons:
During down time perhaps allow us out of the base (Which was allowed once or twice I think?)
While one team was playing stealth some members of the loud team were getting frustrated over certain aspects.
We werent allowed to bring back noodles, or make him an honorary Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:14 am

I'll have you ban you because of the last con reason

thanks fam
Scout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Revival on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:42 am

Well, this entire campaign was a lot like to the first official mission that I was on the server for, and what we were speaking about multiple times before during our community meets, New Thebes. New Thebes was one of, if not my favorite events that we have done on the server, for it was a one week long campaign ending in one of the biggest splits the group has seen at the time.

This campaign, was nothing like that. It lasted over the course of about two weeks, and we were here for stopping a rebellion, not a Batarian Terrorist group. Also alongside the fact on how we have a lot of new members of time with us. It was well written, we had a whole game plan. If that first undercover mission didn't go sour, where we followed the drug runners, this would have gone differently.

Now, for Major Pros/Cons

++ The fact that we had the split of teams among everyone apart of the crew. We usually were just in Raider 1/Raider 2, or Corsair and Raider. But we saw the split between three teams, which became a huge deal. I thank Lapis, Scout, Kravis, Peppuh, and Meachum for being event team over the time and dealing with everyone.

++ The first mission, in its entirety was good. I don't know if it's ever going to be possible to do something along those lines again, perhaps if we ever go back to Omega. But it was new, interesting, and added character buildup.

++ The masked figures [Kravis, Lapis], was one of the interesting tales, starting in the Riot mission, Oriel Vertanos appeared, and the masked figure [Which Me and Kravis can only speak on to be honest]. Was one of my favorite interactions between two characters that was event-based, being trumped out by a few during fallout and Cassius Petrov/Iona Petrov. This is possibly the first notch in a side-story and I hope it continues on from there.

++The Faint hint of who our antagonist is, and who's behind the Attican Traverse. If you saw the event, it mentioned a faint red N7 stripe... For those who were apart of the crew during the reaper war, and if you know who I'm talking about. We're going to see shit go down, if it is who I think it is.

++The event where Acina Valrin died, was one of the better missions during the operation. With the suicide bombers, and barrage of event characters made it feel like we were battiling a real terrorist-like group. The giant YMIR mech at the end also kicked ass.

Cons:

--The Apartment Raids, Relief efforts, and searching for the rebels base. This wasn't my favorite event to be honest, it had some good moments, such as the Noodle Merchant getting his leg blown off, or Jorge and Jennifer. But I still wasn't that big of a fan of it, mostly because it was pretty slow. This was my least favorite event during the operation, just this segment of it however.

--The Loud/Quiet team split. It wouldn't make sense for everyone being quiet, but the way on how only a few characters shined instead of other characters, it ticked off some people from what I know. Especially when it resorted to two characters arguing with one-another, it wasn't my favorite time then, and it could have easially ended the quiet section of the event early.

Those are all my cons, it wasn't that big of a deal ,and was at the very end. The event officially ended at 1AM Central time, 2AM Eastern time. I think we were all just tired during those segments and we got pissy. But that's all I really know.

I also, would like to give special mention to the Abraham double, if that is how Abraham acts when it is the real him, or even more haunting/terrifying. Well, Abraham will probably be my favorite antagonist we've had on the server.
Revival

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fulmini

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Vasili on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:53 am

Pros
You guys did good when I was gone

Cons
I was gone
Mister Vasili

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Okay, so I may be a bit bias with this as I like shorter faster pace events but this was one of the few I really did quite enjoy. However I'm gonna post some pros or cons anyways.

Pros
- Everyone felt to a degree, involved,
- The deployment was nice and lengthy with a good atmosphere kept
- The change of environment as time went on
- The prop placements and various other nooks and crannies of the map put to use (hidden areas used as event plot points)
- That undercover mission was really fun!
- The noodle merchant

Cons
- The length between events (though this is somewhat a moot con since I understand Scout had some kind of exam to write one day
- The lack of things to do during passive aside from talking in the base, some didn't know they could leave the base to wander around
- Some teams (Corsair) in the last mission, just ended up standing around for an hour and a half, there should be a little more to do for certain teams as a lot of others got a full round of action whereas other teams didn't really get serious action until the end moments

That's about it! I'll add more if I missed anything but otherwise I did quite like the event, though the pacing was a bit slower than I'm used to...as I said above, it wasn't too big of a deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by mia_the_human on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Pros
- My personal favorite parts were all the new things we haven't seen before. For my team, there was a riot part that was interesting because of the way the event team that was working that team had it work. We had to look for patterns that worked in making the protestors disperse and decide if they were the best plans or not. 
- When Pines linked up with Raider, we had to decide on whether or not a civilian was someone truly in need of help or someone with a bomb. Although the decision was made pretty quickly, it was still a cool thing that the crew had to face.
- Although the majority of the crew didn't respond to it (which I thought was pretty ridiculous because it was a dead baby), the dead baby was a fantastic touch.
Overall, this event was really different from most, and that's really what makes me want to participate more.

Cons
- Too long. I got off last night because I genuinely didn't have the energy to keep roleplaying. Sorry for lying.
- This is the fault of the players and not the event team, but the event team can fix it: Players (usually the team leaders) will separate their groups and have some stay in one area to just guard something, which basically forces us to stand around, while the rest will go and do the cool stuff. Although guarding is important in the case of having to do so IRL, this is a video game thing and we're here to see cool stuff. My suggestion is having the event team characters come in and say shit like "Hey, you don't have to sit around and guard, we've got it." Now that I've pointed it out, I'm sure that the players will be more watchful of this, but I'll include that just in case.

mia_the_human

View user profile http://thetwowickedsisters.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:36 pm

The only thing I want to say about people saying that there is standing around is that we usually have 18 players, so it's up to you guys to just talk, also, Arglack did take like an actual hour to clear one building, and we had to wait for him. But we'll try to add something if someone is talking too long.

In addition, for the loud/quiet split, I intentionally chose new players like Birkins and Anna to do something cool, I've given a lot of opportunity to people like Revival to do things like that, so that's why I split the teams, I'm trying to give new players a chance to do something cool for once instead of standing in the back. 

The last thing I'd like to address is the "I had nothing else to roleplay" you got off ten minutes before the probably arguably the most exciting part of the event.

Last edited by Scout on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scout
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppuh on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:38 pm

We had players in other countries that stayed on longer lol
Peppuh

View user profile

Back to top Go down