Fallout RP Character Playlists

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fallout RP Character Playlists

Post by mia_the_human on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:35 pm

everyone liked it when I did a playlist thing for MERP, so I started putting together some playlists for the fallout characters. this is definitely under construction and will be added to as more rp happens and as characters come and go and i'm going to include links and better formatting this time and im also gonna do a little explanation as to why I picked that song for each dude. also note that these are my takes on the character so you may not feel that they're accurate which is fine because that's not what i'm really going for

The Whole Server

1. The Good In Each Other by Feist - I picked this song for the general theme of the server because the song's about how everyone has good and bad sides. I know that the admins has set up the server so other factions meeting ours come off a lot like the Walking Dead's way of doing the same thing, and the Walking Dead is all about showing that the walkers are no longer what needs to be feared, but the people, and I think this song connects through that route, too.

Dontae Harden

1. When the Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash - I was around when Scout was writing his character's history and he had an absolutely brutal, murderous childhood. The song is about death and it's chilling and haunting while still staying upbeat and I think it fits his history well.

Calvin Atkinson

1. Hold On by Alabama Shakes - He was the only one who bothered to help Alex and the song's about fighting whatever plagues you, and it's lightly-gritty slow rock, which seems fitting for both the character and the server.

Dell Branson

1. I'm Not in Love by 10cc - His feelings for Alex, simply.
  2. Piggy by Nine Inch Nails - His psychopathic serial killer side. "Nothing can stop me now because I don't care anymore" is the edgiest, but also the scariest shit ever. That's what a school shooter says.

Alex Ward

1. Yamaha by Delta Spirit - It's sad.
  2. Cold, Kind, and Lemon Eyes by Margot and the Nuclear So and So's - It's sad and gritty indie music so it fits the server and the character.

Nala Bates

1. River by Bishop Briggs - The music is industrial and folk-rock-ish which is fitting for both the server and the character because she's been hardened by all of her experience in Nevada, possibly the most dangerous part of the wasteland. The chorus comes in all badass and Nala's a badass so it fits. The lyrics are, by themselves, a little abstract, so it's hard to relate Nala to them, but there's a part in the song where the lyrics are about the narrator of the song showing confusion about how someone could have a breakdown or fall in love-- generally asking how someone could be weak. Nala's experiences alone in the wasteland have forced her to develop a similar outlook on positive or intensive emotion.
  2. Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene by Hozier - Hozier is an artist that will always beautifully capture the Fallout universe as well as the creative faction twists that the admins have put together on the server. As the creator of Nala, listening to this song makes me feel like I must have subconsciously created Nala around the ideals in this song. The woman described in this song is a gritty, strong, mean, imperfect woman and I like the idea of roleplaying an imperfect character like that, especially after applying so much effort into Vicky from MERP to make her flawless in an attempt to make a better version of myself. In short, this is probably Nala's anthem, as well as another good fit for the server's tone.

'Hyena'

1. Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj - The song is upbeat and the title insinuates explosions. Although it totally doesn't fit the world that the character is in, to me, it captures Hyena's upbeat, careless vibes.

Last edited by mia_the_human on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

mia_the_human

View user profile http://thetwowickedsisters.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallout RP Character Playlists

Post by mia_the_human on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Added a song for Nala (and added 1 song for Nala and 1 for Hyena earlier today, which I posted an update comment before for)

mia_the_human

View user profile http://thetwowickedsisters.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top